Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Plaid Wool Skirt Revival

I've had a hankering for plaid.
Last week, I found something that I used to wear soooo long ago.  I'm not even going to tell you when I wore it or you're gonna scream.  Have you ever rediscovered something that you absolutely adored before and now are delighted to find?  And even more exciting was that it fit!  
It was a perfectly chilly day for wool and almost as easy to put together as a dress.  It was one of those non-make-up days where I had to rush somewhere super early and attend to a burdensome load of things, hence no time for bells and whistles.  I figured that If I threw my hair up in a quick chignon and wore sunnies, no one would be the wiser.  By the time I got to taking pics for you, my chignon was withered by the weather and more of a chig-not, but the progression represents so much of how the day went, so I'll go ahead and post;)
 Anyhow, I think the skirt pretty much held the spotlight...
Anthropologie Sweater, Vintage Skirt, JCrew Tights, Laundry by Shelli Segal Jacket, Michael Kors Wedges, Ray Ban Sunglasses

Turns out, it was so much fun to wear!  Love that it is made so well, it wears like new.  I'm so glad that I decided to take it out to play.  What do you think?

xBRB

13 comments:

  1. You look great! Love that you kept the rest of the outfit simple. You're lucky it was still chilly enough to rock this skirt!
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you Josie girl. I can always count on you to be chillin with me;) Actually, it's bordering on impractical to even wear a heavy jacket here.
    I'm about to go to your page and talk PR with you. Don't kill me, but I am so excited that Seth won...

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh , wow, i love tartan print! You're so pretty! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute!
    I love it when that happens. I think it's one of the best feelings in the world to know that something you wore many, many years ago still fits (:
    Lovely outfit

    http://onethousandsixty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a classic wardrobe piece!!! <3 and u look soo happy in it! :D

    i wish u and ur new (old) best friend happpy outfit times!

    -The Outfit Maker

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing Catholic school? haha I just invested in a plais skirt myself, but mine is this high waisted maxi skirt situation. We'll see how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe thanks for the kind words! I picked up some of these ready dried nail polish thinggies. I have some time tomorrow so will post them up. See how they go lol.

    P.s.

    TAG! Your it! http://bit.ly/awtlWr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute skirt! It's so great finding some of your old things. It's like falling in love with the pieces all over again!

    check out my blog! and follow if you please :)
    http://thewhisperingswallow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look! I love the shoes!!

    As for my bangs, I don't like it when my bangs are longer than eye level. I prefer straight across bangs because they don't give me headaches! Have you tried straight across bangs?

    Enter to win a professional flat iron!
    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love plaid too! Great skirt! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails