Friday, May 21, 2010

How to Get Rid of Pins and Needles

In A Prickle?
Do you ever find yourself working on a project for hours but spread out all over the floor?  Maybe you sit at the computer all day working on research or reports?  Don't you hate when you've been sitting on a leg wrong or laying your head in your hand  for a little too long only to experience the oh-so-uncomfortable feelings of pins and needles shooting through your extremities?
First, enter the pregnant pause as you first get up; it is now when the initial tingle begins, but you know the pain is coming...
Finally, your hands, fingers, feet, and/or toes are filled with an internal, massive and unrelenting explosion of unnerving, prickly fire.
I Think you'll like the Results of This Solution! 
So I was up late the other night watching this new show with Bear Grylls called, "Worst Case Scenario."
(*Aside: I'm the first to agree that he's done some raunchy stunts on "Man v. Wild" for survival, but he did redeem himself in my eyes after sharing the following piece of advice.)

Basically, Bear shares a tip that you'll never forget because you'll probably use it a lot from now on...  

As soon as you feel the lack of circulation pause before the rush of the storm, 
SLOWLY and GENTLY Rock Your Head from side to side 
(ear down towards shoulder)
to get the circulation going.

If done correctly, you may be able to avoid the whole pins and needles experience entirely.
Phew!!
Now, I can't think of one person who won't appreciate this one, so feel free to Share!

 xBRB

8 comments:

  1. wow im gonna try that the next time i feel a pins n needles coming!what i used to do as a little girl was wrapped the area *feet usually* with rubberband, and somehow the sensation will dissapear. I guess the rubberband cuts blood circulation to the area or something equally scientific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so interesting! I've never heard that but I'm definitely going to try it from now on.

    Yes, we spend the majority of our time at work, we should look great there, right? But for some reason I'm always hesitant to spend a lot of money on the cute work clothes I find (like the Alice + Olivia dress I posted). Why is that? I'm starting to break down and buy the cute/expensive clothes for work and it's making me feel better when I get dressed in the morning. It's funny because I have no problems paying that much for a dress I'll wear to a wedding or party that I might only wear once or twice. Oh, if we only had unlimited funds...

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this, I will definitely be trying it next time I need too!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so good! Who would have thought.. def. trying it out the next time I get them.

    Best,

    Hannah Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks for sharing- will certainly retain this in my brain for future reference!! xo, mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard this one before! I HATE that prickly feeling, HATE it. I am going to try it. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks for this! Very helpful! Gotta love Bear Grylls. ;)
    Romany
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try
    x fashionnerdic

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails